Saturday 26 October 2013

The Heels - Indian Wedding Raves #3


Finding the right shoes for an Indian outfit is far from easy and the task often comes with a tick list. They have to be comfortable, sturdy, no more than 3-4 inches and they need to match the embroidery on my outfits.

Well, with so many demands being made I can never manage to find the right pair on the high street, as they just never seem to fit the requirements. So when I shop for heels the only place that I seem to head to is an Indian shoe store.

On a recent trip to Southall Broadway I kept my eyes open for two sets of heels, a gold pair and a silver pair. Gold and silver seemed like ideal colours as they would match the embroidery on most of the Indian outfits I own.

After failing in a few shoe stores, I soon found both of these beauties. I was fortunate enough to spot them in the end of season sales, and at £20 each I knew I had found a bargain! The second pair of heels isn’t quite silver, but due to their pewter tone I knew I could get away with wearing them with my pink sari.

I am proud to report that after two days of dancing in these heels my feet have survived. With no pain it’s safe to say that I’ll continue to buy my shoes from Indian stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment