Wednesday 11 December 2013

NARS Promiscuous – Lip Pencil Coffret



Mini Velvet Matte Lip Pencils: Sex Machine, Dolce Vita, Cruella and Never Say Never
Mini Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil: New Lover
Yes, I am guilty of this happening every year. In the run up to Christmas I panic and think that I will miss out on receiving many limited edition sets. And after browsing and resisting the many treats that the beauty world has lined up for us this year, I gave in. I ran into Space NK in order to find any remnants of NARS holiday collection with Guy Bourdin and I wasn't disappointed. By the time I managed to pull myself out of Space NK, I was the proud owner of the Promiscuous – Lip Pencil Coffret, and there’s not been a minute of regret since.

The set is what lip lover’s dreams are made of. For many months I had heard beauty babes rave about the NARS lip pencils, but I was yet to try them. This set feels like a steal rather than a splurge. It includes five of their best-selling shades, all in miniature form, of course. If the lip offerings were not enough the collection comes presented in a satin and patent pouch that channels the likes of Lulu Guinness.

As for the products, the reviews don’t lie. Theses pencils are highly pigmented and easy to wear. NARS infuse their lip pencils with vitamin E meaning that even their matte offerings don't dry out the lips. I just wanted to add that I don't recommend chomping your way through a burger while wearing the matte lip offerings, the shame of having Cruella all over my face will haunt me for some time :(.

In terms of longevity these pencils stick around for some time. The four Velvet Matte Lip Pencils last on the lips for over 6 hours without the need to reapply them. However, the Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil needs to be applied more frequently due to their high shine finish which is understandable.

This set can no longer be purchased online, but you might be lucky enough to find a set in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment