Friday 20 December 2013

My Lip Saviours



This weather isn't doing my skin any favours and in particular it’s my lips that have been suffering the most. They’re always the first to fall and show the tell tale signs of neglect. The combination of indoor heating and chilly outdoor conditions is causing them to dry at an alarming rate. It’s at moments like this that I look for the saviours in my stash, those products that will help to restore them to near perfect condition.

Lush Mint Julips

I discovered Mint Julips last year whilst out shopping with my friend Francesca. We were both curious and picked up a pot each and we’ve never looked back since. I am now on my second pot of the scrub.

Lush’s Mint Julips is infused with jojoba oil meaning that after you've scrubbed away at any dry, flaky patches, you’re left with a little moisture and a perfect base for any other products to adhere to.

At £5.50 this little pot does seem a bit overpriced, but a little goes a long way. I recommend picking this up from Lush if like me, you don’t have the patience to make your own lip scrub.

Blistex

As it suggest on the tube, this offering from Blistex is a moisturiser for the lips. And unlike regular lip balms the Intensive Moisturiser doesn't just coat the lips, it deals with the problem. Cracked lips are a thing of the past and it helps to restore the lips to perfection. After use my lips are left looking plumper and feeling softer. 

I recommend trying this if you’ve tried and tested all the lip offerings in the drugstore, yet your lips are still left lacking moisture. You can pick up the Blistex Intensive Moisturiser from Boots for £2.63.

No comments:

Post a Comment